Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
my sprite sheets (Sword Art Online)
Second I looked at it I could tell it was an edit from something (didn't even notice the thing in the top right until I took a second look).

Definitely an impressive amount of effort, but it still looks like much of it was rather lazily done.
First issue I have is with the hair; Kirito's hair is fairly messy (although not in comparison to some other anime characters which are designed with really messy hair), and the sprites don't really show this. If they were JUS sized then you could almost pass that off as a limitation of the size, but they're significantly larger and thus can fit more detail. His hair in general looks pretty flat and his bangs aren't really parted in the same way as in his art.
Sword blurs should use the color that the sword is; right now they're the same colors as his clothes. However, in Sword Art Online weapons would glow a different color when you activated a skill, which would mean the blurs wouldn't be the same colors as the sword at all. Generic sword slashes should have the sword-colored blurs, and sword skills should have blurs with colors referenced from the show itself.
You probably wasted quite a bit of time editing Naruto animations which Kirito wouldn't use in the first place;for example, he never throws his swords or uses projectile weapons, and he doesn't really do much punching either.

His sword should be present in all his animations, since he always has it out while fighting. They should also be somewhat longer than they are right now, and you should make them at several more angles.

All I can say for now. Hopefully it looks much better in PNG format.
[Image: sig7.gif]
Spriting thread
[Image: crawl.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: my sprite sheets (Sword Art Online) - by SparkMouse - 04-04-2013, 04:02 PM
RE: my sprite sheets (Sword Art Online) - by Gors - 04-06-2013, 09:11 AM