Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New kirby powers WELCOME TO ANYONE
I'm going to assume that you don't have much idea of what the power is. Not to sound harsh on it but like BlueBlur said is that we have no clue what it's supposed to be.

Is it supposed to be a kirby that shoots lasers? or a kirby that uses a blaster like attack? I think that you need to get a solid idea of what you're trying to do here.

Now to the sprites themselves, The facial features of Kirby don't remotely remind me of Kirby at all. Just some supernatural pissed off alien. Even when kirby has an ability of any sort, his facial features are kept intact. So in general this should have been just a recolor. Which even then isn't a good idea to do. So I honestly think that you should probably start doing sprites completely from scratch. That's not all I have to say about this piece though.

Now lets talk about the resolution of the sprites. Now take a look at this image:
[Image: soumF.png]

Now ignoring the text under it, which one do you think is better? My honest thought with the laser blast coming from kirby is that, while the second frame is more of another graphic slapped on the sprite, the third frame's resolution makes absolutely no sense at all. We don't want giant pixels next to smaller pixels. Another thing that bugs me is that the laser sprites are a mess, too many jaggies and random pixels with no thought out placement.

There's a lot of issues with the sprite to comment them all so I'm going to leave this here. I will strongly encourage you to look at this for awhile if you are serious about spriting for awhile.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...?tid=13868
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: ~Axis~

Messages In This Thread
New kirby powers WELCOME TO ANYONE - by poyokirby - 03-31-2013, 08:12 AM
RE: New kirby powers WELCOME TO ANYONE - by Gors - 03-31-2013, 08:21 AM
RE: New kirby powers WELCOME TO ANYONE - by DioShiba - 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: New kirby powers WELCOME TO ANYONE - by Gors - 04-08-2013, 07:33 AM