Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: Improve tSR Compos (multiple choices!)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Smaller tasks that don't take too much time
7.69%
5 7.69%
Bigger tasks but more time
3.08%
2 3.08%
More restrictions (size, palette, ...)
6.15%
4 6.15%
More feedback, comments & criticism on submissions
16.92%
11 16.92%
Focus on special techniques (+ tutorials?)
12.31%
8 12.31%
Difficulty tiers like begginer, intermediate, advanced with increasing difficulty
7.69%
5 7.69%
I'm just too busy at the moment
15.38%
10 15.38%
Generally not interested
3.08%
2 3.08%
Non-spriting art competitions (music, sound, 3D, digital painting, ...)
6.15%
4 6.15%
I'd rather have a collaboration project (big pixel, tower, grow)
7.69%
5 7.69%
How about monthly activities instead (one topic for a whole month, no contest, do as much as you want)
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

tSRCompos & Activities
Far as difficulty levels go in competitions, I feel like that would be a massive effort to create a ton of different competitions for the sake of catering to one's ability. Don't get me wrong, it is a good idea. But there's far more problems to sorting out the good artists from the beginners than the pluses that come out of it in a community as small as this.

Like Vipershark said, we're an aging community. Most of us are out in college or working to make some sort of living and that deters us from dedicating ourselves to make things out of our spare time. Even if you're going for an art major like I'm trying to, chances are you're not going to be able to make a ton of things because you'd have to focus on doing the stuff you'd have to do in your classes, and all of that is usually for the sake of getting a decent connection or two to find a good job.

Now aside from that lets imagine ourselves in high school, we would probably have more free time to do these things granted we got all of our homework, sports practices, or clubs out of the way. We just aren't like that anymore though, but that doesn't mean there are kids who aren't at that stage of life where they need to grow up.

I think personally before we go ahead and make difficulty levels in competitions, we're going to have to start building up and work towards to a bigger community of artists within the TSR community, and I know for a fact that we don't exactly have a lot of spriters like we used to, and for the most part whenever we get a newbie or two they don't exactly take criticism well and that leads to a shit fest of things.

Although it's almost another thing entirely, I don't think we'll be seeing a lot more participation in competitions unless we do otherwise.

On another note though, I'm still highly interested in the idea of having a board where everyone could make their own competitions, Kind of like what Pixeltendo used to do with sprite duels and stuff like that but hopefully more organized than what it was.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
tSRCompos & Activities - by Previous - 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Previous - 03-29-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Gaia - 03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by DioShiba - 03-31-2013, 06:39 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Gors - 04-01-2013, 10:15 AM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by DioShiba - 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: tSRCompos & Activities - by Masamune - 06-07-2013, 01:21 AM
RE: tSRCompo 17: Pac-Man Reimagined || Poll about tSRCompos - by DioShiba - 03-27-2013, 02:04 PM