Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How is it changing from your perspective?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Death to Consoles; Rise to PC Gaming.
8.33%
2 8.33%
Death to PC gaming; Rise to Consoles.
0%
0 0%
Death to Consoles, Rise of a Uniform Gaming Platform (EX: The Upcoming Steam thing).
12.50%
3 12.50%
Death of Corporate Gaming; Rise of Indie-Gaming
8.33%
2 8.33%
Mixed Balance.
29.17%
7 29.17%
Indecisive.
8.33%
2 8.33%
Who cares about the Market? Gimme the Games!
33.33%
8 33.33%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Your Perspective on the Gaming Market
What about Dry Bowser. Okay he's overused now but what a shock the first time you saw Bowser's flesh burn off!

Honestly I think a lot of it has to do with you guys being younger, and now you see it coming because we've been fighting Bowser for years. I'm trying to imagine it from a young person's perspective. What if they were 6 or 8 or so and Galaxy was their first Mario game?

You don't think they would find Bowser threatening?

I think we've grown up and our tastes have grown up. So we expect Nintendo to grow up with us... but they don't. They still want to make a game for the new generation. Not the people who grew up with Mario. That's probably it. Nintendo wants every Mario game to be someone's first. Because they know it will be. This whole Bowser thing and saving Peach is new to someone!

My theory is that the reverse is what happened to Sonic for a while. They wanted Sonic to grow up because they knew his fans grew up. So we got a swearing hedgehog with guns and complicated time travel melodrama with creepy realistic Eggman.

Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
Your Perspective on the Gaming Market - by Koh - 02-05-2013, 09:05 AM
RE: Your Perspective on the Gaming Market - by Koopaul - 02-18-2013, 07:26 AM