Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
General Sprite Experimentation (previously colour experimentation)
[Image: sTkjxna.png]
[Image: I7oydcM.png]
[Image: GV6EdVt.png]
as you can see I've begun work on a weapon and an enemy, I'll be making the game dev topic when I've got basic combat.
you can see in the screenshots that the biomes generate rather nicely, I'll also mention it does this fairly quick (though it may get slower when I set it to find plots for camps / forts.
basic things like obstacles, traps and lesser enemy spawns are kept in an array next to the tiles activated when they get within 16 (32x32) cells of the view (this does scale with the zoom so I can stress test later on) I've used the system atm to render some crappy placeholder grass in moist areas (around water mostly)
I've also rigged it all up to loop so you can run out 1 side and you'll be at the other, though the transition is seamless so no matter where you spawn the world will seem pretty big and explorable.

so I've decided I need to make the transition tiles automatically, I'm still unsure how though.
Thanked by: Sengir, Shade, BynineB

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Sprite Experimentation (previously colour experimentation) - by Bombshell93 - 02-13-2013, 09:18 AM