Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Art program to create custom sprites?
Photobucket is still a good image host too. (Not a fan of their new look though, but the old UI is still an option.) They have a file size limit now, but most of my uploads are in JPG, optimized PNG, or GIF format, so yeah, not that much of an issue. Just make sure your size limit is capped by file size and not resolution, so large images like my sprite sheets are just fine. Cute

Also, I would sooner recommend Paint.NET for Pixel art than newer versions of MSPaint. The behavior of my most favorite tools are utterly crippled in Win7, and saving in GIF format still doesn't optimize its own palette for the image, breaking every color you used. Besides, Paint.NET has layers and a more flexible layout, so I'm much more comfortable with that.

(01-16-2013, 03:31 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Oh well, my mistake then. Guess that only counts for GIMP then (although you can make art, it's just it's designed towards editing).

My latest deviation would like to have a word with you. =P

This other piece on dA is also a good example of what GIMP can do.

[Image: firebeast_by_maddendd-d587rvx.jpg]

GIMP still has a long way to go in comparison to Photoshop, (Which makes GIMP's namesake even funnier : "Walk impeded by some physical limitation or injury") but yeah, you can create art with it. But if you need something more, grab an Adobe product and go nuts with it, or PaintTool SAI. Genki ^_^
Thanked by: Phaze, Maxpphire

Messages In This Thread
Art program to create custom sprites? - by Xirix - 01-15-2013, 12:27 AM
RE: Art program to create custom sprites? - by Lilly - 01-29-2013, 07:53 PM