[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Concept sprite, looking for opinions.
(01-29-2013, 04:01 AM)Previous Wrote: I think the heads are positioned too far on the (viewer's) right - most notably on the middle one. Keep in mind the neck is at the back of the head, the chin protrudes. I think the contrast between shades could be better and the colour count could be reduced.

I've come to the realization that the heads look farther back because of the collar. The taller one in the center is also leaning back more than the other two, which was intentional.

As for the palette and contrast? I've debated with myself on that for the past week. Could you provide an example, good sir Previous? I have tons of problems picking colors for these things. (on a side note, I'll be changing the brick-one's legs/abdomen-pillar/upper-arm color, the one it has now is far too similar to it's brick color. I'm thinking marble or greyer stone.)
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Another attempt - by Bearded_Beast - 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM
RE: Concept sprite, looking for opinions. - by Bearded_Beast - 01-29-2013, 01:05 PM