Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
[TSR Game] [Open-source] Thank The Moon
the project isn't dead, I've been working on my P2PG Arcade project a lot so this has been neglected, but fixes to the engine will effect this project too.
the original story for the moon (which is obviously subject to change should anyone have any ideas),
The world was ruled by 2 kings, the King of light and King of Dark,
Their entire role was to keep balance, neither could have more power or domain than the other,

the King of dark started creating sinister creatures from other creatures against their will, slowly turning his kingdom into one big nightmare, the king of light having enough of the suffering locked himself in the sky as the sun, the link between the 2 kings meant the king of dark had to follow to have equal domain, and so he became the moon.
They can only use their magics with the will of someone in the world, E.G. your character whoever they were requested the moon give them power, submitting their will to the moon.

souls as a currency sounds good, but it being a platformer I'm not sure what you would buy, I'd say cosmetic changes but that makes the system useless (because such rewards would be better tied to achieving goals)
I did have the idea of elemental souls, temporarily changing how you interact with the level and enemies.
E.G. Fire Soul, run through flame walls, walk on lava, resistant to fire enemies, extra damage to beefy nature enemies (which I intend on being different from typical enemies, sort of like mini-bosses)
I'd say a good limitation for this is to only have them available when your not in a form like vampire / werewolf. It would avoid the need to make a crap tone of sprites and slightly balance them.

I think this would require plenty of optional content like mini-levels, secret enemies, etc. otherwise the player would be grinding... in a platformer grinding is very out of place.

EDIT: Baegal - that looks awesome, once I have the pallet chosen I'll throw together a bunch of designs for a more dramatic and eye catching moon.
Thanked by: Baegal, Kami, Phaze

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TSR Game] [Open-source] Thank The Moon - by Bombshell93 - 01-28-2013, 04:57 PM