Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Open Source] General 2D Level Editor || Any Interested?
(01-25-2013, 02:18 AM)TheShyGuy Wrote: I had that idea a long time ago. But I figured it'd be easier to make a skeletal animation editor and engine to handle frame-based animation along with composited parts and key transformations.

I think you miss understood me or im just a bit sleepy. My sprite animator doesn't do anything with collisions. I actually left that part, transforming the collisions, up to my entities' animatedCollision component. All it does is ensure that the collision polygons are correctly transformed with the entity and current frame without actually doing collisions.

Im not sure i understand what you're saying. A top-down perspective is created through game and art design. What's a level editor need a quadtree for? -placing a quadtree and setting a size? Then should it just be interpreted from the output from a rectangle and a special name or something. Unless you meant for optimal rendering, then i understand, but then it would have no real use to the output data. Im sorry, but im not really sure what you meant by any of that last part.
Aren't skeletal animations a 3D thing though? Mine is strictly 2D.

I guess I misunderstood you!

Well yeah, but... eh, can't quite explain what I mean. It's probably just me being dumb, anyway.

Well yeah, a Quadtree would be used for rendering and collision detection efficiency. I meant is one easily parseable from the level data or what-not. I haven't really gotten into making an engine that uses such a thing as a way to optimize collision or what-not yet so I'm having trouble conceptualizing how it fits in with stuff currently. It's the next thing on my list, though so I'll be doing studying I suppose!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Open Source] General 2D Level Editor || Any Interested? - by Phaze - 01-26-2013, 04:45 AM