Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[TSR Game] [Open-source] Thank The Moon
I've been working on the engine a bit (while working on P2PG Arcade I fixed a few bugs, it using the same engine the fixes apply to this too)
I think I'm going to get to work on a pallet for foreground and background and establish the general style of sprites, I don't want it limited to just silhouettes so a style will be necessary to keep sprites looking good together.
Kami I had a similar design to the witch and I like the bat (though making it a bit rounder couldn't hurt)

sorry for the delays of work on this project but I have no intention of coding gameplay elements when there is still no base design, so far its run and jump and boss battles,
Things I think need discussing (I'd rather it be decided as a group),
will there be buying and selling items? what will the currency be?
are there things to collect? gems? coins? moon shards? cookies?
how should the combat handle? combos? 1 hit commands? macro chains?
what abilities should you start with / what abilities should you earn? wall jump? climbing? gliding?
are the levels linear or should they have multiple paths?
and plenty more,
of course not all of it needs deciding, I'd just like a small idea of what to start with, the combat is the most important at the moment I'd say, because what is a platformer without hazard? and hazard means enemies (unless you just want boring old spikes everywhere)
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [TSR Game] [Open-source] Thank The Moon - by Bombshell93 - 01-26-2013, 02:11 AM