Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! All sprites
This sorta takes all the fun out of it though...automation proggies/bots/batch scripts. Spriting in general is a good/healthy way of relieving base level OCD urges. Sprite collecting/archiving also doesn't cost anything, unlike "plastic crap" collections, in which it's easy to dump a small fortune on consumerist crap and tchotchke trinket tripe that eats up living space and collects dust.

Usually the most I ever do is layer manipulation/hiding and even that's sorta "cheating" in a way. I liken it to using cheat codes in games. Some limited codes are okay, simply as a matter of speeding up game play when you don't have a lot of free time, but if you just max out all the codes to achieve "God Level" status, then it just kinda loses the entire point and purpose of even bothering in the first place. Like the difference between using a code to have every item in the game vs a code to increase the likelihood of item drops.

Kind of a personal/philosophical stance on the whole, there are lots of different reasons people have for spriting (some more admirable than others). The worst ones I think are the ones who simply do it for "credit" or to achieve some pseudo sense of plasticized "recognition" amongst hordes of other mostly faceless strangers as well as USI (unwarranted self importance) need and greed.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! All sprites - by Argle-Bargle - 01-24-2013, 12:45 PM