Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Concept sprite, looking for opinions.
(01-17-2013, 11:49 PM)Gaia Wrote: I'll say go with the flow with the "Zero" experiment and see how that turns out. It might just end up being a new style entirely. Unlike me. Which in my last attempt wasn't going the distance, but squishing the original sprites and meshing it up with the ZX pallete. Not a good idea. And as for the character himself, experiment with a few kibbles here and there a bit more for quite an interesting result which would make him less "mega man edit" and more your own.

Well, the first sprite I posted of him, where Bombshell mentioned he was top heavy, was from scratch. These sprites here? They're using the Mega Man sprites as guides for Clay's sprites next to them. They aren't edits (though I could understand if someone thought they were). I can't picture a good relaxed pose, despite scrolling through thousands of pictures or personal visualization. Thus, the studies.

Any other sprites anyone could suggest for me to try my hand at? I'm trying to stay around roughly 40x50 px.
Bearded Beast Illustrations
Photobucket Sprite Archive
Deviantart
If the study and practice of art, is not the endeavor to better one's skill constantly, then I don't know a damned thing.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concept sprite, looking for opinions. - by Bearded_Beast - 01-18-2013, 12:02 AM
Another attempt - by Bearded_Beast - 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM