Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Concept sprite, looking for opinions.
you need to work on the arms, the shape is odd. the head also doesn't read so well, I'd advise a dome and define the eyes within it rather than like you have the left eye interupting the lineart.
the shoulder muscley thing (I don't know any muscle structure names but I've done a massive amount of anatomy study) will tend to be a lot more of the shoulder, as opposed to sharing space with the arm itself.
the upper arm needs to be thinner or the shoulder bigger,
the forearm doesn't fit well with the elbow, in fact it looks like there is no elbow and that the arm just folds around and into the forearm, a bit of tweaking to give the elbow a more defined point should fix this.
I like your colour choices a lot bar the red, typically you want to lower saturation on red because vibrant reds don't shade well.
also your character has balance issues, hes leaning too far forwards, if he moved an inch he'd topple.
[Image: LhieO.png]
I think the leaning problem is one with the design, with that collar you dont expect a neck, as such the head for the sake of balance should stay in an idle position, as if he were to always have a straight back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Concept sprite, looking for opinions. - by Bombshell93 - 01-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Another attempt - by Bearded_Beast - 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM