Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Let's talk about which is better for gaming: PC's or Consoles?
I agree, but what dictates length? Story? People say there was too much buck for Asura's Wrath which didn't have a lot of bang. Those who played it though immediately knew what they were getting into and the re-playability is there it's just not as deep as say DMC or God Hand which if they do a sequel I think they will address.

I can see now in hind sight why Sonic 3 & Knuckles was broken up they are enough of 2 halves to be a whole you could play Sonic 3 walk away and be satisfied, especially as you can now play as JUST tails and there are vs mode which is a nice little distraction. Sonic & Knuckles though with no 2 player you do experience something different completely as Knuckles which is awesome. You can walk away from any of those singular experiences feeling great about the amount of time you spent and since they are technically speed based games built on momentum you have the option to challenge yourself in getting good times. (Why there was never a time attack mode I'll never know.)

I guess it depends on the game too because Chrono Trigger is slowly becoming my bench mark of any good RPG in terms of story, gameplay, and length. Mostly my point is that you need all those things (story,gameplay,length) to make a good game. It's a hard to define thing in terms of games like Final Fantasy 5-9 where the adventure is pretty long and you stop playing for a while but then when time allows you get back into it again, as opposed to say a Metroidvania game where you could clear the game in under a set amount of time because you already know where everything is and how to beat bosses and enemies in the fastest amount of time without having to get certain items.

I dunno if I made any sense, but I hope someone get's what I'm trying to say.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about which is better for gaming: PC's or Consoles? - by Omegajak - 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by Koh - 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by Koh - 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM