Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Let's talk about which is better for gaming: PC's or Consoles?
(01-06-2013, 04:46 PM)Mr. Popo Wrote: Of course ignoring that the 360 has had heavy support for indie developers for quite some time now.

Totally forgot about that. The only way I'm even remembering it now is because I know Braid was released on it before it was on the PC. Even so, my point about needing to meet requirements still stands, which themselves are actually a waste of developers' time (Jonathan Blow himself made an entire post explaining how stupid they are), so for both indie developers and gamers the PC is obviously the best choice.

Also I'd like to point out that like Woppet, the PC I'm using right now (a laptop, btw) was bought a couple of years ago and can play TF2 smoothly with - I think - max settings (any lag is due to the internet connection). Most other games work on max settings too, although I admit I don't really indulge in many intensive games (I bought Cthulhu Saves the World in the Winter Sale Tongue), and games like Crysis and Far Cry 2 are on medium settings.
Either way, newest games on the PC don't always stretch it to its limits. Again I'm mostly talking about indie games though (Little Inferno, Vessel), since commercial companies are all like "cool a new graphics card let's make games with the super-duper graphics that it supports", but I mean Dota 2 is still in beta (for ages I admit) and it works great for me.

I certainly agree that a console is, most likely, cheaper than a PC for playing the latest games, since you don't need to upgrade it. But of course, if you can afford to upgrade your PC, it's actually the better option. So really, which is "better" is a matter of your personal situation and opinion, as Koh and Popo said.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by Koh - 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by puggsoy - 01-07-2013, 09:36 AM
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by Koh - 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM