Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Let's talk about which is better for gaming: PC's or Consoles?
(01-06-2013, 11:39 AM)Koh Wrote: Consoles are limited to where they're plugged in at (who's honestly going to carry a PS2 around with them everywhere they go?). A laptop is much more feasible, and less of a hassle.

I don't see why you're completely excluding handhelds. The 3DS and PSP have just as much a say in this as any other console. Hell, even the original DS does, they're still making games for it.
Also your point about needing multiple consoles is invalid. Sure, you can't get all the games for one console, but this isn't true with the PC either, as Popo pointed out. If you wanted to play every single game, you'd need every console that ever existed and have a cutting-edge PC.

Personally I prefer the PC because it can do other things as well as gaming. Hell, I can both play and make games on it (being able to mod games, which I love, also comes in here). It's also because my dad's sort of against consoles since they're solely for the purpose of "wasting time". Because of that most of my gaming experience has been on the PC, which in turn makes me prefer PC controls to gamepads or other console controls. I don't hate them (I sometimes use my USB gamepad if I feel like playing a bit casually and far from the screen), but I'm just more comfortable and "agile" with a keyboard and mouse than the current console controllers.
As for game libraries, for the most part the PC is sufficient for me. It has pretty much every genre of game, and games I've seen from consoles don't really have anything I want that I can't already get on the PC. I'm partial to indie games too, since they often have fresh and interesting ideas, and currently the only console that has started to support indie developers is the Wii U. And even then they have to be accepted, while with a PC you can play games that haven't been approved or accepted by any commercial company.

I do have a DS, although that was a gift. That's not to say I don't enjoy the games, the range of uses of the touch-screen and dual-screens are wonderful. Plus it's portable, which is great.
But basically, I wouldn't buy a console if I already have a PC. I may want one or two games on it that I can't find an equivalent of, but I wouldn't buy an entire console for that.

Don't get me wrong, I like console games. My two favourite games (that is, if you count nostalgia) are console games, on different consoles even. Some games I've played on consoles are absolutely unrivalled on the PC. And if I get the chance to play on a friend's console I almost always take it, especially if they have a game I've heard is good.

But yeah, on the whole I prefer a PC. (wow I wrote a lot)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Phaze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by Koh - 01-06-2013, 11:39 AM
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by puggsoy - 01-06-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: Outdated Games That Deserve Remakes? - by Koh - 01-06-2013, 06:40 PM