Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripped Star Fox SNES 3d Models (Yep)
(12-31-2012, 02:23 PM)Tiberious Wrote: Well, one thing I dislike is how 3D PrintScreen programs utterly fail to get scales accurate. Considering these are horrendously simple meshes (the title screen Arwing, for example, has only 36 unique vertices) with a simple -127 to 127 range on each axis, there shouldn't be any real excuse for not having the points lined up on the grid as they would be if you did it yourself from the vertex data.

And since the 3DRipper discards the colors anyway, nothing is lost by taking the time to make sure the vertices are in the right spots.

I agree regarding scale, but you're wrong about all 3d printscreen tools getting incorrect scaling. That's why I use 3dvia, which gets the scaling correct all the time. As for coloration, it's not a big deal for this game mainly because the colors arent textures. You can printscreen the game and retrieve the proper colors. Also, this is a game where you can't use printscreen tools. You can use them on the shockwave program.

In actuality, you can't have a model exporter for every program, that's why we have these printscreen programs. Please don't diss them before learning how they work. It may be better to write a better printscreen program (which is labor intensive, but I'm willing to go for it (2 years of C, VB, and 1 of Java)).
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ripped Star Fox SNES 3d Models (Yep) - by wat - 12-30-2012, 12:03 AM
RE: Ripped Star Fox SNES 3d Models (Yep) - by AllenSword - 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM
RE: Ripped Star Fox SNES 3d Models (Yep) - by Ton - 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM