Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
New Fan-Made Mega Man Game - Need New Spriter to Help!
Hi all,

This is the programmer for the game and I am going to outline a little bit about the progress we have made so far in design and development.

The Engine
The engine is being developed in C++ with platform independence in mind. What does this mean? It means that the game will work on most major Operating Systems without the need to create a port for it. We have already tested that it works in Windows, Linux, Mac, and even the Wii Homebrew. We have also planned to compile (create a final version for) it on OUYA.

The Game
The game development, as it stands, includes a physics engine for the character and enemies, a stage player that controls the BG and FG tiles and screen transitions, weapon physics, ntsc filter and nsf player, and a menu and cut-scene player.

NSF Player
Before I get into the things that I can show screenshots for, I wanted to talk about the NSF Player. This is an emulator built into the program that emulates the hardware of the real NES. This means that the program uses the same .nsf files to play sound that the original NES would use. The hardware limitations of this are also emulated by using only four plus one sound channels and canceling out the correct channels when things like sound effects are played.

Screen Shots
As with any good game development, the game is being developed in parts based on functionality and will be integrated in later development. Because of this, the following screenshots come from two places. The program containing the Menu system and Stage player, and the program containing the most up-to-date version of the game engine. The latter of the two is shown in the debugging stage without any BG or FG textures.

[Image: 148k9xf.png]
This is the Stage Player with two older versions of tiles. These are all subject to change but it shows how the program handles it.

[Image: rjpo1x.png]
This is the Menu System for the engine. Again, subject to change but allows for customized controls including game pads and joysticks (Tested and works)

[Image: 14nztxe.png][Image: 1zvyko7.png]
These images show the built in NTSC filter allowing for the game to appear as though it were being played on an old NTSC TV.

[Image: nmnmvb.png][Image: 359ik9h.png]
This set of images show the weapon engine in the game and the two different characters currently in the game

So again, we are looking for some great spriters who can help us in our development.
Thanked by: Mag

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Fan-Made Mega Man Game - Need New Spriter to Help! - by semirhage - 12-01-2012, 07:07 PM