Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)
How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game?
(11-28-2012, 06:12 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: In reality though I don't think that cute design would lend itself well to performing the kind of things Kiddy ended up doing in DKC3. Besides, the only difference between that sketch and the actual design is that he's slightly smaller, he's crawling and the pacifier is in his mouth instead of not.

As for Chunky's species, it really does seem gorilla inspired, just with upright walking. No idea about Kiddy though, maybe he just has that Stewie Griffin thing going on with his head. In the game universe ALL the Kongs are pretty much considered the same species, even Lanky Kong who is the most obviously different and more like an Orangutan.

Kiddy and Chunky are brothers, so they'd be the same species. Yeah, "Kong" kind of is its own thing, and I usually classify them into "Monkeys" (Diddy's) and "Apes" (DK's). Just the thought of the actual species crossed my mind while looking at Kiddy standing erect.

Sidenote: I know they want us all to believe Diddy is a chimp, but he has a god damn tail.

Nerd-Tangent Two: Diddy is the only "Kong" with a tail. Possibilities that he's actually a Grinder that was adopted by the Kongs?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game? - by Kriven - 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM