Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game?
I won't turn this into personal arguments, don't worry. Babies generally aren't good characters, because they use to lack personality as a whole and rely on "funny baby actions" and how they don't understand the world. It can be done right, if the babies have more going for them than only. The baby brothers from Mario used to be an interesting concept (baby version of the main hero), but boring overall. It wasn't until Partners in Time that they were at least able to become likeable characters. Kiddy is paired with a bland color scheme and nothing that really makes him stand out from the others (a full light blue pajama does tell me he's a baby, I give you that, but it's so monochrome I end up not caring). While Diddy Kong has his acrobacies, Donkey has his strenght and sense of justice, Dixie has her ponytail use, his most defining trait is crying and he plays just exactly as Donkey Kong. Heck, they made even 3 more interesting characters on DK64 than they were able with him. He just lacks charisma and personality in general.

You can break down my post again if you want, but from the above one, just one of the comments were actually opinions (DK being better). I'm not stating facts, I'm giving arguments as to why he's perceived as a boring one. This is very different from "this charater is bad/good because I like him/don't". Until now you didn't give any reason as to why he was interesting either, aside from your own opinion.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game? - by Mutsukki - 11-27-2012, 11:34 AM