Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game?
Whoa, hold on. Most of the characters aren't really supporting. Half of them are background objects you can't even interact with. The only game I can think of from this branch of Rare with a non-generic-enemy and non-background-object character with those basic designs would be Conker's Bad Fur Day with the pitchfork and the cogs, but even in that case the characters had unique personalities and interactions with the world.

But as far as actual main and supporting character designs?

[Image: dkrcast.jpg]
[Image: 300px-The_kongs.jpg]
[Image: KremlingRaceDK2.jpg]

So, yeah. You can go ahead and find tiny little background world objects and choose not to acknowledge the non-generic primary characters and objects, but that's a really wrong, warped, biased, and blind point of view.

A legitimate complaint on Rare's character design would be their inability to maintain some kind of height scale, because by Banjo-Kazooie's laws, Gruntilda should be about three Bowsers tall (same with K. Rool in the original DKC games.)

Also, on gameplay: One of my favorite parts of DK64 was the massive collecting, so I guess, different strokes.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game? - by Kriven - 11-19-2012, 12:05 PM