Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game?
(11-18-2012, 05:18 AM)Koopaul Wrote: Huh? Sound was one of the few good parts of DK64. The sound effects are fantastic and the voice acting is hilarious.

[Image: CZmjp.gif]
YEAH
FACCK YOU
FACCK YOU!!!!

there's one fundamental problem with all this: Rare pretty much turned Donkey Kong games into collectathons similar to Mario. Rare, however, is ridiculously good at making collectathons on crack (as if that'll help with lack of story development and character design), so when Nintendo started using the Donkey Kong IP, they stuck with collectathons with Jungle Beat, King of Swing and DKC Returns.

what poopaul is suggesting feels like if rocksteady took on the donkey kong IP and made arkham country where DK swings around the jungle with ultimate grace
what you're suggesting, really, is an entire rethink of a game series that fundamentally consisted of platformers

i personally wouldn't mind another Jungle Beat that expanded on the formula, because that was a standard platformer but an amazingly innovative idea (controlling a character in a platform with a rhythm game controller) and perhaps including Diddy and Dixie segments that involved using the bongos would be pretty amazing

but yeah, asking us to reimagine DK64 along the lines of DKC, using Mario 64 as a benchmark basically

gives you DK64 again :/ which honestly, i wouldn't really mind just a spiritual sequel of DK64 and Banjo Kazooie made by like, ex-rareware members or something

maybe i can just keep wishing as a chance of a new game like that would---

oh, hi warren spector
what's that you got there
[Image: UcbAd.jpg?1]

leaps of faith and collecting everything featuring mickey mouse?
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Goemar

Messages In This Thread
RE: How'd you make a 3D Donkey Kong game? - by Kosheh - 11-18-2012, 09:52 AM