Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Proper DS OAM Viewer
It doesn't run commercial ROMs, only homebrew, and probably not all homebrew either. An emulator simply emulates the system's hardware as best as it can, but getting it to run exactly the same (and run commercial ROMs) is difficult, and a lot of emulators started off with just being able to run homebrew. Dualis looks like an emulator that could have been good, but apparently the creator didn't find it worth the effort to make it any more compatible. The source code is available, maybe someone will pick it up again, although I don't think that's likely since it's only advantage over other emulators is the OAM viewer which isn't really worth the effort.
And I think "binaries" is the type of code or whatever used to make the ROM (i.e. ARM7 and ARM9, whatever those mean). It says it only runs ARM9, which may be one reason why it can't run commercial ROMs.

One possibility is contacting the DeSmuME developer and asking about improving the OAM viewer. He's sort of active, the most recent update was in August (which is relatively recent). However I have no idea how to contact him, and I doubt he reads all the comments on his blog (if any).

By the way, since we're talking about that, you should get DeSmuME 0.9.8 if you haven't already.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
Proper DS OAM Viewer - by Ryan914 - 10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
RE: Proper DS OAM Viewer - by puggsoy - 10-09-2012, 03:51 PM
RE: Proper DS OAM Viewer - by Garamonde - 10-09-2012, 04:06 PM
RE: Proper DS OAM Viewer - by puggsoy - 10-09-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: Proper DS OAM Viewer - by Previous - 10-09-2012, 05:07 PM