Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Web Animation "Machinima" Series Question
(10-02-2012, 10:17 AM)Previous Wrote: Chances are your program doesn't understand the alpha channel - many don't. Have you tried opening them in GIMP or Photoshops?
Another possibility is that your ripping method does not preserve the alpha channel (or outputs them in a seperate mask file which would be a grayscale image, black for transparent, white for opaque, grays for eveything in between).

I have noticed some images are ripped with black, others white, and others transparent. It's weird.

I have also noticed that Anime Studio will sometimes work correctly in this regard. In the preview it shows white around a sign for example. When I render it, it looks good. However, not all of the models do this. Does this help at all?

My most recent rip was the first level from PoKeMoN snap. In it I don't see a grayscale image.

I think my program can do some understand some ways of doing the alpha channel but not other ways. That is my guess. Is there any way to easily change the way an alpha channel is done? I have Blender, Maya, Poser, Hexagon, and Daz.

(10-02-2012, 12:49 PM)valforwing Wrote: if you manage to get alot of stages could you throw some our way too?
is this the same machinima series thats on youtube? I've had a few of my models in there videos

Are you talking about having models in my Smash Champ series or a different series on Machinima.

I have noticed that many models of levels are seperated into different pieces. Since I have no way of knowing how to put them together in a program - are they still worth submitting?
My Sprite Animations:
http://youtube.com/smashbits
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Web Animation "Machinima" Series Question - by Kedric - 10-02-2012, 07:08 PM