Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How would I go about extracting models from a pc game?
At first, they were in .tga, but I converted them to .bmp. Maybe I should try converting them in Noesis again. I'll make sure that it has the textures on the model while converting, and then I'll update this post, so that I don't double post again Tongue.

Update:
When I load it in Noesis, it just gives me a gray model. Maybe I'm missing a way to apply textures? However, when I load the converted .obj into 3ds max, it tells me that it can't find unused.mtl in the folder, as well as two material files that exist in the "MaterialInstanceContent" folder.

Here's my directory for the model (after I exported it from umodel)

There are three folders, MaterialInstanceContent, SkeletalMesh3, and Texture2D.

Inside MaterialInstanceConstant there are two .mat files with really long names that suggest that they maybe the hair and body textures.
Inside SkeletalMesh3 is the mesh.
Inside Texture2D is three .tga files that are the loaded textures you see in the image above.

Is something wrong with my exported folder?

Thank you so much for the help you've given me thus far! I'm relatively new to this, but I'm a fast learner! Big Grin

Yes! I used the Umodel tutorial by puggsoy to directly import the extracted model and it loaded all the textures correctly! I've saved it as a .obj and as a .3ds. Big Grin

Thank you so much, puggsoy, Mighty Jazzers, and Enigma for helping me figure out how to do this! Hopefully I'll be able to convert all of the dc universe characters and submit them for others to use! Big Grin
Thanked by: puggsoy, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would I go about extracting models from a pc game? - by namine207 - 09-30-2012, 04:23 PM