Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How would I go about extracting models from a pc game?
Thank you all for helping me with this! I extracted the Green Arrow model and several other models. Luckily, I have a slightly older version of 3DS Max on a cd, so it's installing now. I'm thinking that the textures may be crazy because they were in the viewer, but maybe it exported them fine. Once it's finished installing, I'll update with a screenshot! Big Grin

And, hopefully, if I can fully extract these models, I can submit them to the DCUO section of Modelers Resource to complete the hero and villain models! Smile

Edit:
Sorry, that took me a little longer than intended to find the disk. XD I haven't used it in forever. Now I'm going to install it! Big Grin

Update:
Alright! So I got the model into 3ds max and it looks great! Except one thing... I have the textures in .bmp files, but they didn't load with the model. I'm a maya person, so I am having difficulty figuring out how to apply in 3ds max (Bought it, never really used it, am trying to learn how now XD). I've set the bmp images as materials and applied them, but I still can't see them on the grayish model. I'll try googling and testing. Smile

[MOD NOTE: Spoilered the large image.]
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would I go about extracting models from a pc game? - by namine207 - 09-30-2012, 01:57 PM