Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Challenger
(09-26-2012, 09:55 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Yeah making a game (or in my experience so far, just programming) is best learnt just by trying it step by step, and improving your experience bit by bit. Failing, debugging, and trying again is the only way to really know coding inside-out. But don't expect to memorize everything of the language, I mean I've been using AS3 for quite a while and I still use the reference to look up functions I've used multiple times before.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here, just follow the rules and if you need help with anything don't hesitate to ask Smile
I understand on that front, can't make a working program without lots of cursing and a strong desire to inflict harm on the computer Tongue

To be honest if someone told me they can remember entire standard library APIs for a language (or even multiple languages) I'd probably call them a liar. One thing the professors taught us is that trying to memorize all that is pointless when you can simply look it up if you don't remember the order of arguments or what-have-you. Heck sometimes you can even find small snippets of code you can modify to fit your purpose, which is a neat time saver Cute

Thanks!
Thanked by: puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
New Challenger - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 02:22 AM
RE: New Challenger - by Previous - 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM
RE: New Challenger - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 08:47 AM
RE: New Challenger - by puggsoy - 09-26-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: New Challenger - by Phaze - 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
RE: New Challenger - by Virt - 09-26-2012, 08:16 PM