Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How do you feel about these kinds of games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like these the most; they force the player to explore the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
They're pretty good. The exploration factor is definitely nice.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Okay. I don't mind exploring the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Not very good...I get way too lost and can't find my way.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Super ridiculous! Where the hell am I supposed to go!?
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Games That Just Dump You in the World.
(09-12-2012, 04:50 AM)Goemar Wrote: I can see why people like it, don't get me wrong. But it just wasn't organic enough for me. It was just too stiff. That was the main issue I had with it and it's a big enough issue for me to not find it enjoyable. Pac-man's ghost AI is better hidden than Dark Soul's enemies.

Also hitting red eyes, running away to where he stops chasing you because his AI is crap, waiting for him to go back to where he was because his AI is crap, and hitting him again etc, is not player skill, it's just poor AI. Hiding in a little hole in the wall to kill the spider boss because it can't hit you there is also poor AI. It's not like these are things that you even have to go out your way to do. You're naturally going to attack red eyes and then run away like hell and panicking and hiding in a hole is a pretty normal response for when giant spider things attack you.
But isn't that something that would set it apart from other games? Because it actually uses the natural stimulus? Normally you'd expect otherwise, and so you usually don't do the immediate first thing that comes to mind. Like for example, a boss appears, and "shit just got real" music starts to play. The first stimulus is naturally to run away, because it seems like it's going to get extremely hard, but since it's a game, you know you likely can't do that, so you don't and go through with the fight. But if you later find out you are actually SUPPOSED to run, then the game does it's job at not being predictable Wink.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-12-2012, 06:24 AM