Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How do you feel about these kinds of games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like these the most; they force the player to explore the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
They're pretty good. The exploration factor is definitely nice.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Okay. I don't mind exploring the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Not very good...I get way too lost and can't find my way.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Super ridiculous! Where the hell am I supposed to go!?
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Games That Just Dump You in the World.
I didn't find Demon Souls hard (and I like hard games so even if I did I wouldn't care). I just found it very very unpolished. It felt like some unfinished old PC game. It was also REALLY easy to abuse thanks to the terribly stiff and poor AI (for example killing the red eye knight in the first area when you're a low level, the spider boss, the dragon on the bridge run, every skeleton enemy). Everything moved so unnaturally, you could pretty much see the numbers working. If the story was stiff coding and maths had brought a world to life it would have made more sense.

The lack of given direction just made it feel clumsy and thrown together. It never felt like one big world but just a mess of places. At the end of the day I just found it boring. I never had that "man I want to play some more feeling!" I simply played it because I was pretty hyped about it before hand and shelled out on the big ass box edition.

And when I meant tutorial I meant more with equipment, magic and all that kind of stuff. You just had a guy tell you about it. Yes it was fun to buy some magic and try it out yourself and all that but it just seemed like something was missing.

It wasn't a terrible game, though is one of the only games I've ever traded in (the other 2 being Folklore and GTA 4), but I think it gets a more praise then it deserves because people who enjoy it get to act snooty, sip some sherry or port and chuckle how those whom don't "get it" are just rather silly. I've done it, I think we've all done it with a game we really like, it's pretty much internet-lore now days.

So in short: Demon Souls, not for me.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Gwen, Dazz

Messages In This Thread
Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Goemar - 09-12-2012, 03:20 AM