Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How do you feel about these kinds of games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like these the most; they force the player to explore the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
They're pretty good. The exploration factor is definitely nice.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Okay. I don't mind exploring the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Not very good...I get way too lost and can't find my way.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Super ridiculous! Where the hell am I supposed to go!?
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Games That Just Dump You in the World.
(09-10-2012, 01:25 PM)Goemar Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 10:22 PM)total burning heart kojjiro Wrote: do dark souls and demon souls count
after pretty brief introductory sequences to teach you the mechanics in a controlled environment, you're very much allowed to go wherever you want (or get owned at anor londo)

I think that's just the case of a shit tutorial/poor game design. (And before "omg you just don't get Demon Souls" I went through it twice (as the first time is apparently not meant to be that great) and thought it was crap).

Your explanation pretty much says that you really didn't get Demon Souls. Demon Souls is the only actual frustrating game where I didn't feel ever cheated by the game (unlike Dark Souls for me, but then again, I think I'll give it another chance), most of the deaths are the player's own fault. And even stuff that isn't (suddenly boulder down the stairs), rarely kills you.

(09-10-2012, 01:51 PM)Kriven Wrote: What the hell kind of piss game do you have to play twice to make it fun?

People mean that the first run you'll just get very frustrated, because you're going to die a lot. But, that's basically the game's premise and has always been, an unforgiving game, so if you buy it, you had to know what you were getting into.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Mutsukki - 09-10-2012, 02:34 PM