Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: How do you feel about these kinds of games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like these the most; they force the player to explore the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
They're pretty good. The exploration factor is definitely nice.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Okay. I don't mind exploring the world.
20.00%
2 20.00%
Not very good...I get way too lost and can't find my way.
30.00%
3 30.00%
Super ridiculous! Where the hell am I supposed to go!?
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Games That Just Dump You in the World.
(09-09-2012, 02:45 PM)Kriven Wrote: If the game designers aren't idiots, there should be all sorts of side-paths and collectables to explore and find. Additionally, the only fun I get out of open worlds is "screwing around", which isn't really how I like to play.

There's also replaying an old area because it's fun, and experimenting with new equipment. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were pretty good at making old areas new by including locations only accessible with certain items. Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie also did this.

Besides, if the areas I'm told to explore first are open enough to allow for exploration, I don't have a problem with not being able to access another part of the map until later. I don't want to be on a rail path like recent Sonic titles, but I do like some pretty distinct direction, and having to move Snorlax out of the way is a puzzle and a boss. Puzzles are fun. Bosses are fun.

It's funny how you say I don't make any sense because I disagree with you. Why did you start a discussion if all you wanted was a pat on the ass?
It was the wording you had, not because I wanted you to agree with me. You said "so that by the end when I'm more familiar with the terrain, it's more explorable." This doesn't make sense. Once you go through the area, you have already "explored it." There's no more exploration to be had, other than to look behind the rock you couldn't get to before, for example.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: Games That Just Dump You in the World. - by Koh - 09-09-2012, 05:06 PM