Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Superjustinbros' Custom/Edited Sprites
For something that is apparently about otakus, there really isn't much otaku culture in there. I don't see any figurines, or references to Japanese pop culture, or anything really that strikes me as OTAKU. It just looks like Breakout. I mean, I guess you could use the blocks like sprites and make little anime pictures but that'd take a huge number of blocks to look good unless you're just going with
8 bit.
At the end of the day though, it's a game about rectangles. I don't think there's any SUPER IN-DEPTH analysis we can do when the subject matter is so simple.

What I can do, however, is review the Bleachpac sprites. Which I would've reviewed earlier had I noticed you edited your post to ask about.
(08-28-2012, 09:42 PM)Superjustinbros Wrote: [Image: BleachPacManNewv2.png]
Okay, first, I have no idea what you're doing with the size. I get it's Pac-man, but cramming that much detail in to such a tiny space is only going to make your sprite look weird. I mean, Ichigo looks like he has an orange afro, not spiky hair. I'd try upping the size if you want to accurately represent the characters.

Secondly, your use of colors is pretty bad. The skin tone and white look almost identical, which makes things like Ichigo's face look pretty bad. On sprites with larger white areas, like Hitsugaia (I don't really follow the series, the white hair guy)'s hair, the difference is a bit more noticeable, but the issue is still there. Some shading could probably help out a lot.

I guess you were trying to do some kind of half-assed 8-bit, without understanding what the actual limitations of the style are. This is only exasperates the messy quality caused by trying to cram so much detail into a small sprite.

To be frank, your food is sprited better than the characters. I mean, the characters are recognizable to people who know about them, but only in the same way that this is recognizable as Sonic the Hedgehog.

There are more issues, but I think these are probably the core ones.
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Superjustinbros' Custom/Edited Sprites - by Keiang - 09-03-2012, 05:37 PM