Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Something that came to me regarding what is considered literature?
On the subject of what can be considered art, I would say that anything could, as long as someone sees it as such. I mean you don't really even need to produce some sort of product to be able to call what you do a form of art. I would say that what makes something "art" is if there is one or more individuals who would call it such.

In other words, a person who is really passionate about cooking could probably refer to his or her food as art, while someone who sees cooking like another form of work and doesn't have the same connection to their product wouldn't.

A person who spends a long time making a sprite could call it art, while someone who slaps together an edit would probably call it something that they made because they either just wanted compliments or to use it in a game.

I'm not saying that something that takes a long time or something that just looks good instantly becomes art, it becomes art when someone actually looks at it and thinks of it as a labour of love, and not something that they had to do. An ugly edit or even simplest of sonic recolors could be considered art.

As to if videogames could be considered literature though, I would say that it depends on what type of game it is. I mean it has to in some form consist of letters.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something that came to me regarding what is considered literature? - by Sunlight - 08-29-2012, 07:57 AM