Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Favorite/Least Favorite Part of Any Video Game
I gotta add one more thing concerning aspects I dislike.

Hopeless battles. The kind that you aren't supposed to win. Every kind of battle I've faced like this, I'm not aware of whether or not I have to win. So I go all out not knowing that it doesn't matter if you win or lose.

This happens especially when I'm fighting a strangely difficult boss. I think, "Wow, this is pretty tough for this part of the game. Am I even supposed to win?" This can be a lose/lose situation. On one hand, you ARE supposed to win, so you have no choice but to persevere. On the other hand, you can't win at all but you still keep going, oblivious to the fact using up all of your precious items for naught.

The best example I can give of a game that not only raped this concept, but birthed hell spawn from it is Suikoden Tierkreis. That game was chock FULL of battles that you don't have to win that it got very unsettling for me. The aspect of the game is that you have to recruit 108 party members. Sometimes you had to beat them in a battle before they join you. That in itself isn't bad, as losing would just mean that they wouldn't join you. But the problem is that this is mixed into the actual game play as well. I remember fighting a boss that I lost to, but the story kept going. This didn't happen a lot, but it made things rather irritating.
[Image: H4KAm.gif]
Yup. I'm a Touhou fan.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favorite/Least Favorite Part of Any Video Game - by RokuGurin - 08-20-2012, 10:58 AM