Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Something that came to me regarding what is considered literature?
The way I personally see it is that as with everything else it is up to individual interpretation. By that I mean its as much the game being reviewed as the person reviewing it. As with film and other literary arts, games mean many different things to different people. However, video games are a much younger version of entertainment than film, plays, or books which is part of the reason topics like these are discussed as much as they are. It's understandable if someone says a game like Space Invaders or Pacman aren't literature because they were the first generation of their craft much like cave paintings before novels. Many games today are driven by their stories. Games like Uncharted gray the line between interaction and cinema. To me a game like Uncharted is both a wonderful piece of film and a great interactive experience. It doesn't have to be just one or the other and I think most people fail to see that.
Ha-doooooooooooooooo-ken [Image: Ryucvshado.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something that came to me regarding what is considered literature? - by qman102 - 08-18-2012, 03:13 AM