Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Something that came to me regarding what is considered literature?
Also going to throw it out there: Shakespeare's plays are considered some of the finest pieces of literature we have to this day, and yet they're nothing more than the Elizabethan equivalent of movies.

That said, games can have some amazing story behind them, with the sole difference being the fact that you get to be the main character of the stories. I mean, games started off with very little, if any, story behind them, and nowadays we just get a ton of graphic violence instead of stories.

But then we get games like Heavy Rain. I don't know what the general opinion is of this game with you guys, but Heavy Rain's actually pretty well regarded for its story. So much so that my game design suitemate says they kind of refer to it often in their story-telling classes.

Really, the only thing keeping a video game script from being taken seriously is the implications behind the "gamer" stereotype. Nobody ever takes them and their interests seriously, so why should scholars?
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something that came to me regarding what is considered literature? - by Rosencrantz - 08-18-2012, 12:40 AM