Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TSR PIXELART COMPO VOL. 1: STEAL THIS SPRITE (8/5 - 8/12)
(08-08-2012, 08:02 PM)MRSKELETON Wrote: that's still a ridiculously stiff pose compared to the rest of the gundams in that game, it doesn't have any weight or bounce to it.
using only the darkest colors on the head also draw away form the rest of the sprite, and make it look softer in comparison.
I wouldn't really know about pose; I haven't played the game. The only two ripped on here have similar hunched over, bent arm idle poses. The only difference I really noticed is that they have slightly bent knees. Well, I guess Epyon's idle animation has him flexing his arm to move the whip. I'm not sure if this is just me missing something obvious, but I'll make another pose. I agree with the darkest color thing though, I was going to put another set of arms on the body (which was why it was supposed to be a bit darker), but got lazy, so it ended up looking really weird.
(08-08-2012, 08:13 PM)Gaia Wrote: Also there's some weight issues here and there. Thinking realistically I think the arms would be too tiny to even do anything (such as holding a grappling weapon), and the "head" being too large that it would actually topple over if it ever walked. Try looking at some super robots/megazords/transformable robots for examples and see how they handled the weight balancing issue when using an animal head for chest armor.
...It's Gon. His head is supposed to basically be the same size as of the rest of his body, and his arms don't extend past his jaw, making them pretty much useless. As far as animal head chests go, it's not really the same. They tend to just make a box shape and stick an animal head on the end. Also, if you're going to bring in realism, even better proportioned robots would technically collapse in on themselves if they tried to move.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TSR PIXELART COMPO VOL. 1: STEAL THIS SPRITE (8/5 - 8/12) - by Keiang - 08-08-2012, 11:35 PM