Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
"New" Super Mario Kart [WILL BE UPDATING AFTER IM DONE WITH OTHER STUFF]
Well..seems like Shy Guy and Waluigi are the winners!(I also took in account from votes off other sites, etc.)
SO CONGRATS, SHY GUY AND WALUIGI. YOU HAVE BEEN SPRITED.
I need to work on Waluigi though..eh, I don't really like spriting him.

The original goal of the hack was to add in Koopa Troopa as well as 3 third party characters: Pac-Man(light), Sonic(medium), and Banjo-Kazooie(heavy/requested by yours truly)

Sonic..in a Mario game? heh..that wouldn't have been tolerated in the era Super Mario Kart was made.
BUT..as I stated before..sadly this couldn't be possible since the coding to add in more characters was screwing up the whole game. Thus, it would've taken forever for it to be possible. I didn't push the hackers any further about the issue.

Thus, I present to you the characters that got canned, as well as the top 2 character suggestions(Waluigi and ShyGuy):
[Image: pxvGI.png]

Also something to add:
Pacman would've gone "wakka waka" as he was on the track. Reason why his mouth is sprited like it is
When playing as Banjo, Kazooie would randomly pop out and mock players as you passed them.
Sonic had a special code where he would give Mario the finger when they passed up eachother. Sonic would have had rings come out of him when hit.
Runnerup character suggestions included: Daisy, Bowser Jr., Geno

Does that mean an end to these canned characters?
WHOA WHOA WHOA. YOU JUST HANG ON A SEC. These canned characters will have their own sheets(probably not Waluigi though)and will be submitted to TSR whenever done. You may use these characters to hack into New Super Mario Kart yourself. : ) And don't worry, they're fully functional. B-K and Sonic share Mario's palette. Pac-Man shares Yoshi's palette.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if Starpower worked on Super Mario Kart?[First Post shows Updates] - by Star - 07-07-2012, 10:59 PM