Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Smash Bros. Clash
(06-23-2012, 05:02 PM)El Loco Wrote: Instead of taking the easy way out and simply calling your work out and being a dick like the others,
I'm going to be constructive. Well to be honest this whole story isn't that bad I mean you tried with this one and that's really what matters.
If you enjoy doing it by all means keep doin' your thing.  But well there are some areas which I felt I should give feedback upon which I should let you know. 

Hi El Loco'Smile:
Okay I can see your point about it being a little rushed and being out context a little bit. Here's what happened. I started the plot off like a typical Mario game because I wanted a sense of familiarity. Than once the reader feels safe, WHAM! They are plunged into an unexpected adventure. Why? To make you feel more like the heroes. They weren't expecting the ordinary to become extraordinary and neither were you. Now keep in mind that Mario has no change in his stories. Usually it is the "same shit, different day" for our plucky plumber so you know... Oh and lastly I don't know if you were aware of this or not buy my story goes in the order of adventure mode in SSBM, so that's why we begin with Mario's world. Plus who else would untie all other heroes in the Nintendo universe, but Mario? We witnessed that in Brawl. And Mario is my favorite so... yeah!

Keep reading. Bowser isn't the main villan. He just believes he is, but much like in Brawl he's part of a grander design.

I do have bigger plans, but what? Read on. The mini-marios were a reference to the Mario 128 event in melee. Orignally they were going to be Marios from another dimension, possibly Subspace, who were controlled by a higher form to do bad. Think of Game and watch's role in Brawl. Sort of like that. I might change them to the myte enemies though from Subspace.

The inaudiable speech thing is supposed to be like the games. Whenever Mario and Luigi talk in the Superstar Saga series all you the player hears is jibberish. But the other characters in that world seem to understand them perfectly. For this part use your imagination and picture them talking from the Superstar Saga series and you'll feel more at home. Um the other characters never talked in Subspace emissary either and yet people still make that out to be a master piece. If that story were posted on these boards as a fan fic you guys would hate that too. So if Nintendo can tell a story with characters who don't say more than 2 words the whole time I feel I should be able to do that too sticking to that formula that Nintendo provieded for us gamers/fanfiction writers.

Um spolier alert:
My comix suck! Suck Hard!

(06-26-2012, 01:24 PM)Previous Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 01:10 PM)Makermatic21 Wrote: Somebody must be enjoying these.
Well there's also people out there enjoying... something I won't mention here as it's not appropriate.
Finding people enjoying something doesn't mean it's good or that people on this forum here will like it. Most of us have higher standards than your average 0815 fanfiction - that's why they're here and not elsewhere!

Little tip for making your own story with original characters and plot: start small. Don't try to make anything huge and epic on your first try. It won't work out. People should also be able to help more on specific aspects that way.

Okay. Thank you for your advice. Smile

(06-26-2012, 01:48 PM)Previous Wrote: You can actually quote multiple post at a time... or you could just not quote at all and just write down who you're addressing. Don't make multiple posts when you can avoid it.

Moreover, no need to try to justify yourself, just do better next time.

Got ya! Well I'm off for now, but willo return with the next part tomorrow. Until than...
Video Games are bad for you? Surprise That's what they said about Rock and Roll! Big Grin
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Makermatic21 - 05-29-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Story-Prologue: The Adventure Begins - by Makermatic21 - 06-26-2012, 01:51 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Makermatic21 - 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Previous - 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Cobalt Blue - 10-01-2012, 09:02 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Marth - 10-01-2012, 10:32 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Makermatic21 - 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Garamonde - 10-03-2012, 01:52 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by DioShiba - 10-03-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: Super Smash Bros. Clash - by Garamonde - 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Just a reminder... - by Makermatic21 - 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM
RE: Just a reminder... - by Previous - 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM
RE: Just a reminder... - by Makermatic21 - 09-28-2012, 01:26 PM