Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][IDEA/IN DEVELOPMENT] Rep Bros!
this sounds really interesting! But say, so does this mean you can't go up and down at will? This sounds kind of limiting, knowing that bullets will come out from everywhere. I was thinking on making both characters go up and down, and collecting reps would decrease/increase the space between the two. It's like flying in formation.

Still, the way I'm thinking won't allow you to use the 'multiple path' system you've designed, which is a shame because I also like it. I don't know if I got something wrong, but this is what I understood from your explanation (feel free to correct me if I am!)

What I also suggest for this kind of shoot-em-up is to give the player some 'breathing space', e.g. giving them a health bar or making them immune to walls (unless being crushed by them and/or touching a warmful object, such as spikes). Giving those elements will certainly balance out the dificulty, seeing that this shoot-em-up plays differently and you have to manage TWO aircrafts at the same time, which can prove confusing for starter players (a similar example I can think of is Cotton 2; you don't die if you touch the walls, and you only lose a life if your life bar is depleted. This doesn't make the game any easy, though, because those elements are tailored perfectly to the game imo).

I am interested in this project; sadly I am busy with my own :c I'll give you full support, though!

finally, if you're still thinking how the levels will be, don't use Darius as inspiration. I have recently played through it, and the levels are as interesting as looping backgrounds with no obstacles whatsoever. Be creative, make traps and interesting visuals to keep the player not only entertained by dodging bullets; make it also feel like a 'tour', if you know what I mean Wink
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: TomGuycott

Messages In This Thread
RE: [GAME][IDEA/IN DEVELOPMENT] Rep Bros! - by Gors - 06-25-2012, 08:51 PM