Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
How would I go about ripping from a 360 game?
(06-19-2012, 12:42 AM)BlueBlur97 Wrote: Well, If you want to rip icons directly from the ISO, you're going to have to thuroughly understand the file formats of the game. The icon files won't just be lying around in the base directory. Almost every file needed for the game to run (icons, textures, models, etc...) are archived into a special file format that Windows (or Mac) can't normally open. They can only be opened by the aid of an application that understands the file format. Most games use this technique, but I'm not sure about the one you specified. You can open the ISO with WinRar or Winzip and tell us the file formats so that the community can help. Smile
No, you can't do that. They need to be decompressed because they use specific compression that isn't supported by any tool.
You can use XboX 360 ISO Extract to extract the contents. If you find some loose DDS textures on the disk, you'll need to use a program called xbdecompress to decompress it.
I can't give a link to you in public because it's part of the 360 SDK kit which needs to be bought.
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: How would I go about ripping from a 360 game? - by TGE - 06-19-2012, 10:04 AM