Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor
I can guarantee your scanner is making a false virus report here. The only kind of operation in the source code that could be flagged as "dangerous" are text-file read/write operations. Aside from one class to read GIF metadata, all code is custom. I've inspected the non custom class and it certainly doesn't contain malicious code, only calls to native Java classes with non-dangerous arguments.

I'm also using a clean installation of the Netbeans IDE, so it can't be infected by a compile-time virus injector. Just to be sure I inspected the .jar file, and found no suspicious injected .class files.

The GIF files can't be virus-injected either. First of all, they aren't hidden executables. GIF files also don't allow for embedding of runnable code. To be certain, I also exported a very small GIF. This resulted in a 128 byte file. Considering the original graphic, the color LUT usage and the LZW compression algorithms used to compress the file, these 128 bytes are definatelly all dedicated to representing raw image data.

Worst case scenario, 10-ish bytes in the GIF have been reserved by a virus. Worlds smallest known functional virus is 41 bytes in size, in raw assembler code. It can't be injected in 10 bytes.

Not sure why you think I'm trying to hack everyone's computer here. But the above should reassure you.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Jelleye - 06-11-2012, 01:26 PM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Gaia - 06-11-2012, 04:41 PM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Jelleye - 06-14-2012, 05:30 AM
RE: [APP][FINISHED] Sprite Sheet Editor - by Gaia - 06-14-2012, 08:06 PM