Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Metroid Unleashed - FanGame in Development - Looking for Spriters
It would be worth rewriting the plot synopsis, making it more concise and understandable. It has a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes at the moment, and it's hard to take in a big chunk of text like that. Try splitting it up with a gap every few sentences.

Like this! Smile Reading a wall of text with that many mistakes in it will put a lot of people off. Be careful to only use capital letters when necessary.

Like Chris said, there's a lot of plot here for a Metroid game, have you thought of how you're going to get it across to the player? Cutscenes? Dialogue with NPCs?
Scanning things à la Metroid Prime or accessing computer terminals can introduce plot points to the player without having to sit through long and tedious cutscenes. That way, a player can ignore them if they choose to, which is especially useful when replaying a Metroid game, and for speed running playthroughs.

I realise that the demo is an old version, and so you're probably already aware of the problems with it, but it's worth noting a few of them. I appreciate the inclusion of wall jumping, but it needs work to feel right. The controls in Super Metroid are very tight, and they're one of the reasons the game is so enjoyable. When wall jumping, you need to be able to jump off a wall, and return to the same wall, higher up, for another jump. (Not just jumping back and forth between two walls.)

I clipped through the scenery in a couple of places, and I noticed that when I held the down key, and a direction key, Samus would slide in that direction, with the pose being different depending on the direction.

There are tools out there that let you use the engine from Super Metroid itself to make Metroid games, but you'd probably spend a lot of time trying to find workarounds and exploits in order to add certain things to the game, some of which may end up being impossible. To be honest, I'd rather you kept developing your own engine. It's more interesting that way. Wink
Thanked by: Ploaj

Messages In This Thread
RE: Metroid Unleashed - FanGame in Development - Looking for Spriters - by Skorpion - 03-26-2012, 05:32 AM