Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel
As mentioned in the OP, I'm developing this as an Adobe AIR desktop app, which is written in ActionScript 3.0. AIR is basically Flash, but since it's an application that you actually download and install (as opposed to embed in a webpage), you've got more features, such as loading and saving files. This is necessary since a lot of file loading, saving, and even compressing will be going on.

I've (unsuccessfully) used PXTone before, but as you said chiptunes aren't really what I want. In addition, the music will have to be in .mp3 format, at least for the initial release, so .ogg wouldn't work.

Websites... well, at the moment I don't need anything too flashy, a simple blog to record my development progress is sufficient at present. However, if this becomes popular enough, I might make a site with a puzzle database, documentation, forums, etc, where people can upload and download puzzles. Off the top of my head, I'd say it would work something like GooFans, which is a site based around modding World Of Goo.
If I ever get round to that, it would be great to have someone to help with the development of the site, and in that case you'd be welcome.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 02-03-2012, 07:20 AM
RE: [FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 03-04-2012, 08:19 AM
RE: [FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM
RE: [FANAPP] [IN DEVELOPMENT] Puzzel - by puggsoy - 03-04-2012, 09:24 AM