Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Are these submission-worthy?
Before I start trying to submit any of the FFVIII models, I wanted to post a small sample so I can know what I'm doing wrong, since I'm probably doing something wrong, as I usually am. (Er, that sounded weird.)

So, I have two character battle models, one monster, and one weird model that's apparently a place-holder or something. Just thought I'd include it 'cause it was so strange. On the character and monster models, I have three model files each, two .obj and one .smd. One of the .obj files I rotated in Blender so they're standing upright and facing the camera, and I tried to do that with the .smd as well, but for some reason it wouldn't re-export. (I'm even worse with Blender 2.6 than I am with 2.49, which doesn't help.) On the two character models, their weapons are in separate sub-folders. Well, actually it's only one weapon each; I didn't bother ripping all of Quistis's whips yet, just the first one.

Anyway, the .zip file with the models is at http://www.mediafire.com/?pcj2t451ofj27hd and I have here screen captures taken in Blender so you can see what the models look like. These were taken in Blender 2.49 with the .obj models. The .smd models loaded into Blender 2.6 without their textures, though I don't know the exact reason why. I got an error message about file name length, which I presume must mean it was trying to give the full path name for the texture, instead of just the name of the file, even though the textures were in the same directory, but that doesn't seem very logical...

Uh, anyway...I have Laguna as a private in the Galbadian army...
[Image: PvtLagunainBlender.png]

And here's Quistis....
[Image: QuistisinBlender.png]

And the T-Rexaur...
[Image: T-RexaurinBlender.png]

And the weird little dude who seems to have lost some of his hair in the ripping process...
[Image: weirdthing.jpg]

If there's a way to make Noesis rip them in a T-pose, I don't know what it is. (Though I'd love to find out!) I had meant to include some of the Dissidia models I've been ripping lately as well as the FFVIII ones, but...there's no shortage of Dissidia models anyway, so...no big deal, right?

Looking at the preview version of the post, I'm noticing problems with the picture files. It shows holes in Laguna that I'm certain aren't there, and some of the T-Rexaur's teeth show up as missing that most definitely aren't. So please don't judge the models based just on the screen shots--there's definitely something wrong with the print-screen function on this computer (witness the fact that the grey background in Blender screen captures to white, for example).

So, please let me know what else I'd have to do to the models before I could submit them, okay? Thanks!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Are these submission-worthy? - by SierraLatkje - 02-06-2012, 12:18 AM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-06-2012, 06:45 AM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by Alverndbl - 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-07-2012, 04:55 PM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-08-2012, 01:51 AM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-08-2012, 10:44 PM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
RE: Are these submission-worthy? - by valforwing - 02-10-2012, 01:06 AM