[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Overclocking
This is one of the fundamental issues with overclocking, basically what you're doing is forcing the hardware to run at speeds it wasn't designed for, which can be a little unpredictable if you're not entirely sure what you're doing.
The main downside to overclocking is that it can severely lower the lifespan of your hardware and it will generate a lot more heat (I've actually UNDERclocked hardware for the same reason before), and as you've found out, can make things very unstable depending on what you do.

The amount you're overclocking by is pretty severely over the stock clock speeds, unless you're working in a perfect environment for it the thing's just gonna overheat and die, I'd suggest you try gradual tweaks rather than jumping straight to the limit.
It's easy enough to do, just grab whatever benchmarking software you prefer, and fiddle until you find the sweet spot, basically making small increments until you notice stuttering or your card starts running too hot.

That said, unless for some reason you're desperate to run everything at maxed out settings, I can see much need to overclock that card.
B A N D C A M P - T W I T T E R - T U M B L R - Y O U T U B E - G 1 5
Call me aggressive, call me obscene,
but you've always called me sir when you've invaded my dreams.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Overclocking - by Woppet* - 11-26-2011, 02:11 PM
RE: Overclocking - by John2k4 - 11-26-2011, 03:59 PM
RE: Overclocking - by Woppet* - 11-26-2011, 04:22 PM
RE: Overclocking - by PatientZero - 11-26-2011, 09:47 PM
RE: Overclocking - by FRET - 11-26-2011, 11:18 PM