Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
SAU: Ripping Assets from Commercial Games
Ok, I'm going to step in here and say a few things that need to be said.

Quote:SAU allows you to steal assets from commerical games for use in your project, if you dont care about legal issues or can get away with it.

While tSR is legally a giant gray zone, we are not trying to cause legal issues, since you are claiming to be fully illegal we cannot support you doing this.

Quote:to help homebrew community with high-quality game assets, as I'm tired of your rubbish amateur art. If you cant do pixel art or produce high quality sound effects, then please dont, as you'll create crap. Do what you can do best, like coding catchy gameplay or writing a good story. And remember - pros too reuse sprites[1].

Uhhh lets take Zun, the creator and sole maker of most of the Touhou games. His Artwork isn't the best, he isn't going to take artwork from other people unless they are also in on making that project happen (like the Touhou Fighters that were released) but while people reuse sprites, it is highly encouraged by everyone to fully make your own content, if you are not a great spriter or artist, start asking around to build together a team, it may take a while but if you show enough interest in your own project, you'll get a team. Worse come to worse, you'll make your own art and be like Zun. If you don't like it then don't look at those games.

Quote:The second goal of SAU project is to provide open source reference to game file formats. Modding scene in general is opossed to releasing any source code. Hope SAU will make greedy retards angry.

If by "greedy retards" you mean the other people that do the same as you to make money- then ok, do what you want, still prefer you not do it here.

If by "greedy retards" you mean the people who actually make the games you rip from- then get used to be dirt poor and possibly being thrown in jail due to legal issues surrounding the whole thing.

I do suggest keeping this closed, if Dazz wishes to do otherwise or add things to it, then so be it.

If you have issues with what I said to you then by all means, PM me.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAU: Ripping Assets from Commercial Games - by Maxpphire - 11-01-2011, 02:11 AM