Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bafta young game designers competition
Well, right now, there isn't really enough information for me to provide crit. I mean, all you have right now are a very rough storyline (which has relatively little to do with game design) a few sentences that briefly touch on what your game will include:

1. 3rd person adventure
2. Customizable weapon
3. 1 main quest per area
4. Help people; fight enemies

From this, I can get a small list of verbs that seem to describe the player's actions in the game: explore, fight, and customize (perhaps talk as well).

However, we need to know how the player will be doing all this. Will the player be exploring any sort of overworld? If so, will he do so on foot, in a vehicle, or maybe even using some other way to travel?

How does combat work? Does it rely on timely button presses, strategic attack placement, or some other specific style? How will enemies respond; will they close in on the player one at a time or will they all surround him at once? Will there even be more than one enemy at a time, and what would be the average strength of the enemies?

How will customization work? Will the player simply buy upgrades and/or extra features, or will he have to construct these himself? Will these upgrades somehow change how the weapon functions (and therefore change the structure of the combat system), or will it simply increase some set of stats?

These are just a few of the questions you might want to ask yourself.
Either way, until you have more information, I really can't provide any critique at all. So, good luck, and I hope you can really give it your all!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bafta young game designers competition - by Kitsu - 10-11-2011, 01:11 PM