Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
[IDEA] THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE suggestions thread
Personally instead of direct remixes I think you should do sort of 'callbacks' and 'references' to the music of games that the characters parody or the member they're based on likes.

For example:
Masquerain's theme (if I'm/she's playable) could start with the "enter battle" part of the Pokemon FRLG theme, then segue into something stylistically similar to Unfounded Revenge.
Mighty Jetters would definitely have something similar to This, with a attention-catching SWOOOSH (don't know the proper term for it) intro and guitars. Lots of guitars.
And although it's not a video game, Vipershark needs a peppy J-Pop theme. High-pitched Japanese singers are optional... though it'd definitely be possible to make them sing ridiculous things in a program like UTAU or Vocaloid. I'm suddenly reminded of the South Park episode where they pretend they're ninjas and there's that song full of gratuitous Engrish and Japanese lyrics that translate to "monkey vagina" and similar stuff. Might be fun to do something like that.

Anyways. I haven't played many "traditional" fighting games (I tried Guilty Gear XX Core and I sucked) but if I could make a few suggestions if my Hypno ref ends up getting added in a later iteration of the roster...

*Focus on Specials and Grabs, with the more charged/difficult Punches (Hypno can learn the Elemental Punches by breeding!) and Kicks causing mid to long range effects. The inspiration would probably be Ness from SSB...
*Abilities psychic-based (Hypno, duh) with the ability to use her pendulum as a weapon. (Callback to Ness' yo-yo?)
*GOGNIO/Daigo Mode ability could be based on Future Sight + Hypnosis... Masquerain hypnotizes the enemy, and unless they're able to wake up (by executing a long string of button presses, maybe?) they're hit by a deadly Future Sight in a few seconds.
*A passive technique based on one of Hypno's three abilities would be pretty cool... the one that seems easiest to do ingame would be Inner Focus (prevents flinching), perhaps she's more resistant to knockback effects?

So, if you do decide to include my character eventually, you've got a bunch of ideas right from the horses' mouth. If you don't that's cool too, I'm just glad this is happening B)

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [IDEA] THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE suggestions thread - by megaMasquerain - 09-21-2011, 03:23 AM