Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Last attempt- Massive html project [art/coding/spriting]
(08-27-2011, 04:48 PM)Gors Wrote: I'll be right on the point and say that those aren't ready.

[Image: 026.png]

take this one for example. The lines are wobbly and pointy in places and ways it shouldn't be, and if you're still working with verctor graphics, please take some time to learn using the curvature tool and avoid relying on making freehand/multiple segments.

[Image: S4Wv6.png]

I don't know how you colored it but it also needs work. The colors aren't quite that bright and eye-catching so they will need work, and the blurry effect doesn't go really show definition. The fact that I'm squinting to read the logo in the corner is another reason you should take more time with defining shapes better.

Finally, the shading feels unusual and doesn't look as accurate as it could, it's like the cherry on top of this only somewhat finished sundae. Please study shading and color theory when you get the chance, so you can give more perspective and volume feeling to your works.

Alright, I can do that, and thank you for being a gentleman about this.

I'll do some touch ups on Raichu and get back to you once they're up to par, I'll do a little bit more research on color theory and looks at a few examples of shading, too... Good use for making effects in Photoshop.

Also, when you post like that, please try to avoid the mistakes I had to correct in your critique, they're a little bit... unwelcoming...

And Kat, I just read yours... same issue,
"No offence but I think I'd be more interested if you actually did all of the art from scratch rather then edit the pictures to death."

It can be done, but next time, please phrase it like so:
"Would you consider doing more custom works instead of artwork remakes?"

And then I can simply do it, no questions asked.

I'm willing to fix your critiques now so they won't be so harsh, but please choose your words more carefully.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last attempt- Massive html project [art/coding/spriting] - by PRIMAL MORON - 08-27-2011, 05:30 PM